Due to the impending COVID-19 crisis, the Canadian High Commission in India had previously announced the shutdown of all except necessary consular services on May 3, 2021. As a result, VFS centers had been closed until only today for routine services.
VFS Global is an organization in affiliation with the Canadian High Commission that conducts biometrics services for Canadian visa application- study permit, spousal visa, as well as visitor visa categories.
VFS centers will waive the passport submission and biometric collection deadlines even now when the services have started. Applicants will not be needed to take any more action, and the Biometric Instruction Letters they have received will remain valid notwithstanding their expiration dates.
In order to book an appointment for biometrics via a webform in your respective cities across India, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Collect and download Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL) available by logging in to the applicant’s GCKEY portal:
2. Visit the VFS Global website, select Biometrics among the services offered, it will take the user to a webform:
3. Select the nearest VAC center from your city, for example, applicants from Gujarat may select Ahmedabad as the VAC center. Those who would like to add an alternate location can perhaps do that too.
4. Select the number of applicants, and add the application number as mentioned in the BIL followed by uploading the BIL letter in the form of a pdf.
5. Once, all the necessary details are filled in, the applicant can hit the submit button which will be a successful submission of the web form.
6. Now that the request has been accepted, a final reference number shall appear on the page which the candidate must note for future inquiry.
7. The applicants will then receive an SMS with the date, time, and address when their appointment is scheduled. An email would also be received where the applicant has to confirm the appointment and follow the steps mentioned in it.
For individuals in India who are exempt from Canada’s COVID-19 travel restrictions, resuming biometrics is the final significant roadblock.
Those who are exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions will be able to submit their biometrics to complete their immigration application processes in support of their future entry in Canada now that VACs in India are resuming.
Submission of biometrics is possibly the last step from the candidate’s side that they need to take. After that, no other document or test is pending, and can thus move ahead with the final visa process.
For Indian students who aspire to study in Canada, all you need to know about the education system in Canada and the types of certification that they offer is one click away: