Express Entry applicants who qualify for a nomination from the Human Resource Priorities Stream will be invited to Ontario.
On February 2, Ontario invited immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination in the express entry pools. A total of 283 candidates were invited, with scores between 466 and 467 for the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Nominees, invited by the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), may be eligible for the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP). The Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) offers foreign workers with extensive work experience the opportunity to settle permanently in Ontario. On the other hand, the skills brought in by PNP immigrants helps fill the void in the Ontario labor market.
In this latest draw, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has invited express entry entrants to apply for provincial nominations if they have work experience in one of the following 10 jobs:
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122);
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124);
- Other business services managers (NOC 0125);
- Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601);
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111);
- Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112);
- Human resources professionals (NOC 1121);
- Professional occupations in business management consulting (NOC 1122);
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012); and
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163).
Candidates selected for the express entry draw, are required to demonstrate that they have at least one year of work experience in one of these jobs.
The express entry is a management program for three government migration programs: The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP), the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). Express entrants are eligible for one of these programs.
Once candidates enter the express entry pool, the IRCC (immigration department) awards these candidates up to 600 points based on the multiple human capital factors mentioned below:
- Work experience
- Language ability in English or French, etc.
The points received because of the PNP nomination cater towards the PR applications of these candidates. Because most express entry applicants already have 400 points, receiving an ITA (Invitation to Apply) for the Canadian PR, becomes much easier for them.
Last year, Ontario welcomed 6,716 applicants for express entry to apply through the Human Resource Priorities stream for a provincial nomination. This was the highest proportion of all the PNP nominees connected to the Express-Entry that Ontario issued in 2020.