IRCC has announced recently that Canada’s Visa Application Centers (VACs) in India will remain closed in October due to Covid-19 induced restrictions.
In a recent press release, Immigration, Refugees and, Citizenship, Canada have stated that due to the ongoing pandemic and travel restrictions, VACs will remain closed for yet another month. VACs are private companies affiliated with the Government of Canada, which sends applicants visas and passports securely to the Visa offices and is the official location to give the required biometrics and fingerprints, which are also sent to the visa offices.
- This recent development means that immigration aspirants won’t apply to book an appointment to apply for:
- Study permits
- Work permits
- Visitor visas (temporary resident visa)
- Travel documents for permanent residents
IRCC has been monitoring the VACs globally and is trying to implement safety measures and open VACs in several countries as they understand the impact of Coronavirus related suspension of activities at VACs on their clients and operations. Some new safety measures which are being implemented worldwide in countries with relaxed lockdown rules are as follow:
- Use of hand sanitizer by staff and clients
- Limiting the number of people allowed inside the VAC at any given time
- Checking the temperature of staff and clients
- Use of gloves, face masks, and face shields by staff
- Frequent cleaning of the VAC