The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is accepting applications for its ‘Global Internship Program (GIP)’ in New Delhi. Candidates can, however, work from home.
The online application process has already begun, and the deadline to apply is Monday, March 7. The internship programme will last at least four months and is set to begin in May of this year.
International Finance Corporation Internship Program Details:
These are the internship positions available at IFC —
- Research Climate Finance- 37
- India Climate Intern- 56
- India Country Strategy- 17
International Finance Corporation Internship: Eligibility criteria for the roles:
- To be eligible, candidates must be actively enrolled in a master’s degree programme with an estimated graduation date after December 1, 2022.
- Candidates for Research Climate Finance must be from the following disciplines: Economics, Climate, and Sustainable Finance.
- Candidates for the India Country Strategy should preferably have a background in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or Economics.
- Candidates must have worked in a related field for at least three years.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens or have an OCI card (Overseas Citizenship of India).
Duties & Responsibilities of Intern:
Climate Finance Research: Support the Advisory team of the Financial Institutions Group (FIG) in conducting secondary market research and developing capacity building/training modules (in the form of structured PowerPoint presentations) for middle and frontline staff of Indian financial institutions to increase their knowledge and awareness of various aspects of climate finance. Participate in the discussions and lend your support to the FIG Advisory Team’s various climate/green initiatives in India.
For India Climate Intern: Interns in India will work on cooperative efforts such as the Country Climate Development Report and conceptualize one transformational project that could open up climate business opportunities for IFC in the area. Assist team members with strategy and presentation completion. Identify transformational projects with the help of team members and show the results at the end of the internship.
For India Country Strategy: Support proposals for new investment projects and financial products with corporate conglomerates as part of the India Country Strategy.
International Finance Corporation Internship: How to Apply?
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter explaining why they want to apply and how their skills and experience relate to the internship criteria. Departments will contact selected candidates directly for interviews between Monday, March 21 and Friday, April 29.
Legal Disclaimer: This article is provided for information purposes only.