By Yash Yadav
It takes a lot of consideration if you are planning to study abroad. Applying for colleges abroad is an issue as the methodology is entirely different from the framework here in India.
It is quite difficult as you require a lot of documents starting with a passport and visa, there are a few professional and academic documents that you need to get enrol into universities and will have to procure on your own.
Here are the three academic and professional documents that you will need if you want to study abroad.
Statement of Purpose
- The statement of purpose or intent is a personal statement as your evaluation is done on the basis of it by the university selection committee.
- It is important to have a good SOP as it shapes the premise whereupon the college judges assume that if you are fit to be enrolled.
- Make sure you go through the SOP as alterations cannot be made once submitted.
Letters of recommendation
- A letter of recommendation is a testimonial of your professional and academic behaviour and accomplishments by your employers or teachers.
- In the majority of the case, you will need two letters but it varies from course to course and it also depends on the institution.
- A selection board will assess you based on testimonials of those seniors and will likewise cross confirm the information with them.
- If you are travelling to another country to study, you will require a certificate that expresses that you are sufficiently capable to study with that country’s local language as your medium of instruction.
- There is a base score set up by every college or school that you need to attain in order to be accepted.