The University of Ottawa recently announced a scholarship designed exclusively for African students interested in studying in the Great White North.
The Entrance and Excellence Scholarships are four-year scholarships that cover a portion of the cost of university tuition for African students. Scholarship amounts vary depending on your admission average and the faculty that offers the program of study.
The University of Ottawa scholarships for African students are renewable and will cut their tuition fees by CA$17,500 to CA$25,000 for Excellence scholarships and CA$12,000 to CA$20,000 for Entrance scholarships. The Entrance scholarship is awarded to students who have an admission average of 89.9 per cent or less, while the Excellence grant is awarded to students who have an admission average of 90 per cent or higher.
The University of Ottawa’s specialized scholarships is only available to international students with African citizenship. There is no application required, however, they must present the following proof to be eligible:
- Documentation of citizenship in any African country
- A valid Canadian study permit is required.
- Be a first-year student in one of the following undergraduate programs offered in English or with a French Immersion option:
- Civil engineering and chemical engineering are two examples of engineering.
- Sociology, Anthropology, International Development and Globalization, Conflict Studies, and Public Administration are examples of social sciences. Sciences: All programs save the Honours BSc in Biochemistry/BASc in Chemical Engineering are examples of sciences.
- I’m a full-time student.
All nominations for 2022 must be received by 5 p.m. Central Time on or before March 31, 2022. When it comes to studying abroad, Canadian universities such as the University of Ottawa appreciate the obstacles that overseas students face.
Without the appropriate financial support, it is difficult for students to focus on their education, and these specialized scholarships seek to assist and provide students from all over the world with the opportunity to study in Canada. It is because of the strong academic link established between the two countries, as well as existing Canadian scholarships accessible for African students, that they are able to transfer freely to study their selected undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the Great White North.
Legal Disclaimer: This article is provided for information purposes only.