Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) is a Canadian immigration pathway that was first introduced in the year 1998 when around 200 individuals were nominated. PNP has come a long way since then as it admits almost 80,000 individuals per year.
The PNP enables the participating Canadian provinces and territories to select immigrants under the economic stream and nominate them for permanent residence each year according to the province’s labor market requirements.
If a candidate is interested in a specific province or territory, they can opt for the Provincial Nomination Program. In PNP, Candidates are selected based on the local labor market needs of the certain province or territory the candidate is applying in. Most provinces and territories take part in PNP. Once candidates receive the provincial nomination, they are awarded additional 600 CRS points, which guarantees them an Express Entry invites for a Permanent Residence.
Most of Canada’s provinces have Express-Entry linked PNP streams which are also known as “Enhanced PNPs”. Enhanced PNP allows the province to directly select Express Entry candidates to invite them for a provincial nomination. PNP streams that are not linked with the Express Entry system are known as “Base PNPs” and can nominate candidates who pursue permanent residence without using the Express Entry system.
Canada has more than 80 PNP streams in its 11 provinces and territories which invite candidates almost every month based on the province’s local labor market requirements. In the month of November 2020, around 3,744 immigration candidates received invitations through Canada’s provincial immigration program.
Here is an overview of PNP immigration results in the month of November 2020:
- 443 notifications of interest issued to Express Entry candidates through the Human Capital Priorities Stream on November 12.
- 726 invitations were issued to Express Entry candidates today through the French-Speaking Skilled Worker and the Skilled Trades streams of the OINP on November 4.
- 360 candidates invited to apply for a provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP on November 24.
- 76 candidates invited to apply for a provincial nomination through four streams of the BC PNP on November 17.
- 358 candidates were invited to apply for a provincial nomination through five streams of the BC PNP on November 10.
- 76 candidates invited to apply for a provincial nomination through four streams of the BC PNP on November 3.
- 196 candidates were invited to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams on November 19.
- 205 candidates invited to apply to the MPNP under three MPNP streams on November 5.
Prince Edward Island
- 221 candidates were invited to apply through the Labor & Express Entry streams on November 19.
- 551 candidates were invited from the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP on November 19.
- 532 candidates were invited from the Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand streams of the SINP on November 3.